AVIC411.com

FM reception problem with D3 in 2005 Ford Mustang GT

Hey, guys. First of all, I did try the search feature but I did not find anything useful. I recently picked up an AVIC D3 on eBay for a good price, so I jumped on it mostly to be able to play DVD's for my kid and to be able to adapt an mp3 player to it, as my OEM radio did not allow it. I drive a 2005 Ford Mustang GT with the Shaker 500 system.

The radio seems to be working fine, except I have horrible FM recpetion. I mean HORRIBLE. Does anyone know if some kind of antenna adapter is required? From my understanding, my car does not have a power antenna and the blue wire from the harness does not need to be connected to anything. Does anyone know anything different?

The weird thing is, when I first put the radio in, I heard the crappy reception, so I moved the antenna plug around a bit, and I was able to get perfect reception. I put the radio back in, and put the dash back together. However, after driving 2 blocks, the antenna cable must have moved and the reception got really bad again. So I pulled the radio back out, and tried moving the antenna cable around, and playing with it, but nothing I did got me reception.

The stock radio works fine. Could it be the actual RF plug on the back of my D3 has a bad contact?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.