AVIC411.com

Which US AVIC for European maps?

Hi,

I want to buy new navigation-multimedia unit for my 2009 VW Passat Wagon.

I want to buy this device from US but I will use in Turkey.

Which device should I buy for installing European maps?

1. X-910BT

2. X-920BT

3. Z110BT

4. Z120BT

Please give me a link about installing European maps for your advice device.

Note: My other option is Clarion NX700 if I can install European maps to NX700. Can I install European maps for Clarion NX700?

Non of these units will allow you to install maps from the countries they are intended to serve. The only exception is with the X910BT because this unit can be hacked to install additional maps. Info on the various hacks for this unit is in the hacks and mods section of the X series forum. However, unless you have some experience in doing so with this unit, and are prepared to read about a weeks worth of info, it would be better just to purchase the unit meant for your country.

Note: My other option is Clarion NX700 if I can install European maps to NX700. Can I install European maps for Clarion NX700?

Thats a question you should post on a Clarion forum.

I have ordered AVIC X-910BT from amazon.com after your suggestion.

Sir, I'll be thankful if you clearly explain step by step how I'm gonna load Turkey map to my X-910BT device that I've already ordered from United States.

That'll be a useful topic for those who'll buy a new one as well.

Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I ordered X-910BT but they send me X-9115BT. (...)

Can I install Turkey map to X-9115BT as like as X-910BT.

Hello Antares. I wonder if you could put maps of Turkey in its X9115BT. I'm interestedin this subject because I also bought the X9115BT in the USA and intend to put himmaps of Brazil. Appreciate any help.

• 11 months later...

Hello Antares. I wonder if you could put maps of Turkey in its X9115BT. I'm interestedin this subject because I also bought the X9115BT in the USA and intend to put himmaps of Brazil. Appreciate any help.

Hi,

I just bought one AVIC-X930BT in Miami for use in Brazil. Does anyone have the info for installing a map of Brazil on this unit?

• 4 weeks later...

Non of these units will allow you to install maps from the countries they are intended to serve. The only exception is with the X910BT because this unit can be hacked to install additional maps. Info on the various hacks for this unit is in the hacks and mods section of the X series forum. However, unless you have some experience in doing so with this unit, and are prepared to read about a weeks worth of info, it would be better just to purchase the unit meant for your country.

Thats a question you should post on a Clarion forum.

Hello Vblue42, I made a stupid think about buying the Avic X920BT, because on http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/GPS-Navigation in year 2010 don't say something like x series it's made for US use only and for Europe it's F series. For that mistake I wanted to go law ( bring to trial) with the company,...and i give up,..money problem. My question is if i make this unit to work with European maps, i would like to pay for it if it's good....in my country nobody know to do that.....i can't use my gps features.If you have any ideea please let me know, have a nice day guys!