AVIC411.com

Has anyone tried the generic CD-IU50V cables from ebay?

• 1 month later...

I bought the ABS-CDIU230V (Same as Pioneer CD-IU230V) by accident. Everything seems to work fine. I was attempting to get the best deal (since we get screwed on shipping up here in AK) and knew from this site to get the OEM cable. So, as far as I know, it works fine on my x910BT. I'm running an iPod 60g classic. Video works too.

oh yea there will be a couple of people that dont have any trouble, but there have been way to many people having problems with there ipods working and 97% of the time its either the wrong cable or a faulty cheap cable that is the cause of the problem. there are only so many threads we can answer about ipods before we just give up and dont even look in them anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm using one. paid $14shipped or something.

Works perfectly with my ipod, with my iphone 3g, and now perfectly with my iphone 4.. everything works. I'm happy i took this route honestly. $60bux for the original :?

Can you guys post the name of the seller, item number or link of the ebay cable that works (Audio + VIDEO)?

I have bought one from ebay and Video isn't working.

Ebay seller "martinhod" Item: 140454655823 Description "NEW CD-IU50V iPod Audio + USB Video Cable Wire CDIU50V"

Thanks!

So you didn't learn from this experience? It would seem a lot less trouble and the same money in the long run to just buy the cable you know works. :roll:

We humans, are constantly learning!! Usually when I need to buy cables, I try to find the lowest price online as many of you. This time I found it on ebay from a US store, (not from China)I do buy and sell on ebay without problems, and this time, the seller has agreed to send me a replacement with a return shipping label. I wasn't aware of non-working cheap cables but I understand what you are saying regarding getting the genuine cable and not the "cheap ones", and also understand in today's economic time, when luxury items are not very affordable to us to pay the full retail price. Because I don't really think you all pay $1,799 for an Avic-Z110BT from Pioneer site, right?

Anyways, I was just trying to use this thread to find helpful information where I can buy a simple cable that works at a reasonable price.

Although is too bad I found this thread a little late, I can still accept helpful information in case I need to buy a new one.