AVIC411.com

Has anyone tried the generic CD-IU50V cables from ebay?

I dont think anyone faults you for trying to get something at the lowest price, especially in this economic climate. The problem is however, 50 bucks is really in my mind, not a lot of money to invest to get a working part. You already spent 500-1200 on an X920/Z120 so is 50 bucks really going to cause you not be able to pay your bills now? I mean by the time you save 20 bucks by purchasing the cheap cable, have it not work on arrival or dump on you 60 days later, and then have to purchase a replacement and have to tolerate the down time and aggravation, it just doesn't seem worth it to me. My mentality is just drop the 50 bucks the first time and never have to worry about it again. And even though you purchase it from a US eBay dealer, he got it from the same Chinese seller you didn't buy it from. Its all up to you guys but with the overwhelming failure rate of these cables you are almost guaranteed to get an unpleasant surprise in very little time.

Can you guys post the name of the seller, item number or link of the ebay cable that works (Audio + VIDEO)?

I have bought one from ebay and Video isn't working.

Ebay seller "martinhod" Item: 140454655823 Description "NEW CD-IU50V iPod Audio + USB Video Cable Wire CDIU50V"

Thanks!

I wanted to give you guys an update on my prior post, I got the replacement cable today from the above Ebay seller. The replacement cable looks slightly different and shorter but it worked 100% out of the bag (Audio and Video). Looks like I've got the wrong cable the first time. I have notified the seller the replacement item worked 100% when tested with my Iphone 4 ios 4.1 and an Iphone 3G 3.1.2 and also 4.1. I can say for now, it's safe to buy. Just wanted to clarified and share my personal experience.

I bought the ABS-CDIU230V (Same as Pioneer CD-IU230V) by accident. Everything seems to work fine. I was attempting to get the best deal (since we get screwed on shipping up here in AK) and knew from this site to get the OEM cable. So, as far as I know, it works fine on my x910BT. I'm running an iPod 60g classic. Video works too.

Why not apply some of the thousands of dollars of taxpayer money you Alaskans are given from the Government every year from oil revenue towards your shipping? ;O)

Ha ha, you are to negative man

its not about being negative, its about real world statistics, anyone who has been on here long enough trying to give tech and troubleshooting support would under stand how bad this problem is, and how often we deal with it. its not that we hope you(or anyone else for that matter)have any problems, its just that its overwhelming trying to help everyone who does have this problem when it all comes down to two different problem, either the wrong cable, or a bad cable.