AVIC411.com

New firmware/mapset broke unit again

A while back I had a problem with my F700Bt, sent it back and forth to pioneer a bunch of times with no resolution. Finally it seemed to work fine on it's own. Recently purchased the latest firmware update/nav update and installed it. The install failed a couple of times, then finished. Here's where the problems start. Symptoms: Every restart of the car, it sets the brightness to 2, the voice to 7, and the button color to random. It also now states ipod connection failed. Didn't do any of this before the update. Any ideas?

More bizarre info. I reset the ipod, and it doesn't fail connection anymore. I reset the head unit a handful of times, same problems (minus the ipod issue) I figured I'd see what it looks like when I pull the memory fuse, since pioneer swears that I've got it wired wrong. If I take the memory fuse out, it seems to work fine. I'll check it again tomorrow morning to see, but hey, if that works it works. If I didn't just put another $120 into this thing I'd put a .300 winmag through it.