AVIC411.com

I know people have achieved internet connections with wireless sd cards but Has anyone been able to hook up to the internet through a usb connection with phone? I know a few people where trying but I haven't seen any new posts about anyone acheiving it.

I have an EVO 4g and when I plug the phone into a pc a screen pops up on the phone with the option to tether via USB. After choosing it, it installs whatever drivers may be needed onto the pc and works after that. It would be great if it was that easy on the AVIC

That would indeed be awesome, however the AVIC rtuns WIN CE wich uses diferent drivers then Windows XP/Vista/7 etc... so it might not work like that.

Imagine how awesome it would be to tether and use google maps on the thing for GPS like my cell phone (Moto Droid/Milestone)

Or even better to thether VIA USB, put in a WI-FI SD card and turn it into a Wifi hot spot for your passengers (eg Wifi on a Laptop or iPod touch)