AVIC411.com

Z120 Alternitives

All, I have been strongly considering a Z120. Now, I know this is a Pioneer forum, but I am interested in hearing from other's out there what other units I should consider or, are hands down better than the 120. The largest drivers for me in a good unit: Sat radio, backup camera and good Nav. I also want the ability to do the bypass hack. I would love for the unit to have traffic updates but that is the lowest on the list. I have an iPhone but I don't do much media playing on it. I would however like to have the ability to plug in the iPhone. Your thoughts?

I have not used that exact unit, But have had both Kenwood and Pioneer I like them both. I have the 110 and I absolutely love it and is much more iphone friendly than the Kenwood I had but it was an older model. I am sure you will be happy with either one.

Sat radio, iPod and backup camera are on every damn double din out there.

If those + good nav is all you're after, pick up an old kenwood with garmin in it.

IMO, the only reason to pay the premium for the 9960 or Z120 is for the voice control or the Lifetime traffic (w/ads - 9960) or Pandora functionality (Z120). Every other feature is found in cheaper units.

• 1 year later...

Let me dig this one back up from the grave.... VBlue42, would you still make the same recommendation with the Z130 and 9980? I have been reading about the "issues" that people are dealing with on the 9980 and it's kind of shyed me away a little. Plus, over at Sonic Electronics, it's several $$$ more than the Pioneer. I have to be honest, I never really moved in any direction but plan to move forward this month with a total change out of OEM Bose gear.