AVIC411.com

X920BT Honda Civic Harness

• 5 weeks later...
the wire harness doesn't care what radio you have, its just wires and the f90 has all the same wires that the x920 has. reuse the one that you have!

your post is pretty clear but I am gonna clarify this because I was told differently by an installe.....I have a F90BT in my F-150 now. I had it professionally installed. Now, if I want to upgrade to the x920, I can just pop off the dash cover, remove the four screws holding the unit in and swap head units from the f90BT and put in the x920 and just unplug the wires from the f90 and plug them right back in to the 920?

Will my previous harness ground still work with the x920?

I'm guessing if all of this works for an upgrade to the x-series, I can just as simply pull off a swap for a z-series?

THanks! I feel an upgrade coming on....

the wire harness doesn't care what radio you have, its just wires and the f90 has all the same wires that the x920 has. reuse the one that you have!

your post is pretty clear but I am gonna clarify this because I was told differently by an installe.....I have a F90BT in my F-150 now. I had it professionally installed. Now, if I want to upgrade to the x920, I can just pop off the dash cover, remove the four screws holding the unit in and swap head units from the f90BT and put in the x920 and just unplug the wires from the f90 and plug them right back in to the 920?

Will my previous harness ground still work with the x920?

I'm guessing if all of this works for an upgrade to the x-series, I can just as simply pull off a swap for a z-series?

THanks! I feel an upgrade coming on....

NO...

while the power connector is exactly the same between the F90/0 and F700 and the x920, the AV harness is completely different, but the good news is there are only 2 wires on the AV harness that would need to be soldered, the rest are RCA connections.

I don't know what the installer told you, but to connect any car stereo to a car you need TWO harnesses:

1: the head unit manufacturer harness that comes out of the stereo that is not car specific, comes with the stereo you bought.

2: the car specific harness that comes from the stereo unit plug in the car out to meet the car stereo harness, you buy this on your own from someone, and it's usually made in the US by METRA or another manufacturer.

The installer, either DIY or professional first connects the 2 harnesses into one combined harness with the stereo specific plug on one side, and the car specific on the other. This sounds a lot more complicated then it really is since the aftermarket folks have made all their wires a standard set of colors.

There are some occasional wiring adapters where the 2 harnesses are already combined into the one, but those are rare.