AVIC411.com

Hello all, newbie here. I tried to search and didn't see anything so here goes.....I installed this unit into a 2007 Honda Ridgeline, I hooked everything up to include the reverse and the VSS wire.

I did it all, moved the mute wire over one slot to the left, and grounded the mute and park brake wire. The video does work without the parking brake on, but it cuts out at 15 MPH.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thank you,

Des

sounds like the problem is due to the mute wire (since picture shows up but then stops at speed)

double and triple check to make sure that you moved it into the right pin, AND that it is pushed in all the way (sometimes its hard to get the pin to snap all the way in and it doesn't make contact with the pin from the circuit board)

did you move the pin down one spot or across one spot (if moving down there are more pins availble, if moved across, then there is no more pins since there are only two rows, if that even makes any sense)

Thanks for the response.

Looking at the back of the plug (where the wires go into it) I moved it to the left one slot.

It may be that the pin isn't in all the way. I relied on someone else to do that part and didn't check up on them.

Why would the mute wire cut the video out at speed?

You can watch a DVD until 15 MPH then the screen blanks out but the sound continues. The screen then displays something about not watching videos or something while driving. Once you slow down to next to nothing the screen comes back up. The NAV is affected as well. I have to stop to change the address.

that is just how the bypass works, if you just ground the P-brake wire, video will stop showing after a certain speed, (the unit uses gps data to verify if the bypass was hooked up propperly) and the unit needs to see ground on the pin where you move the mute wire to ignore the gps data

and the unit will also lock out most menu options as well

So it seems I have a problem with the mute wire?

I'm also getting an error display that says the parking brake wire seems to be hooked up incorrectly make sure you check the manual for proper wiring, click OK to continue.......blah blah blah.

yes, for the umpteenth time, you have a problem with the mute wire, it's not done right, you've described the situation perfectly.

have we mentioned that you should check the relocated mute wire? :idea:

^^^every forum has one

Your 100% right, every forum does have an expert that really know how the system works. You really cant blame em, Even after the second time i confirmed that those symptoms are exactly how the system reacts from the unit not seeing ground on the pin that the mute wire is supposed to be moved to you where still asking if that was the problem

So it seems I have a problem with the mute wire?

a lot of people, especially the intelligent ones, will get annoyed if it seems like people dont want to listen to the answer to the question that they asked, and that goes double for bypass questions. the same ones keep getting asked and the answer is always the same. there are so many different threads about the exact same thing, either it doesn't work at all (the p-brake wire didn't get grounded) or it shuts off the video once you get moving along with giving you some warnings (the correct pin is not seeing ground)

well i think where most people have problems is getting the pin into its new location, its a little tricky to get it in all the way, i usually have to use a razor or a pick to slightly lift the latch on the harness to get it to slide right in, i definitely bent the pin the first couple of times i tried it.