AVIC411.com

Poor FM quality and AVIC Feeds trouble shooting

Hi guys,

I just recently installed the Z110BT and am loving it. I was really excited about the AVIC Feeds application and was able to use it successfully once (found a location on the app -> got in the car and paired my iphone to the HU -> the location i found was in the contacts with the pink M -> Hoorayyy!! :mrgreen: ) So a couple days later, I had entered a few locations on the application and got inside my car and paired the phone but my contacts from ACIV Feeds application did not transfer over. The initial location did transfer over. But not the new ones :cry: So what's up?

Secondly, the radio on my car was excellent before. Really good reception. But now, the reception is nothing short of crappy :x For all you southern Californians, I have trouble even getting 102.7FM on the freeway. That bad. Please help :?:?

Besides that, everything is in working order :D

TIA

G

well lets start with getting a little more info here, what kind of car is it in? (year, make, and model)

a lot of newer cars have inglass or shorty "shark fin" antenna's that need to be amplified to receive reception, if your lucky the signal amp might be built into the car (as apposed to being built into the factory radio) and you just have to power the ant amp wire, some cars will need to have a antenna adapter with the amp built in to it instead (for EX: most VW's)

I have a 2005 C230 coupe. Thanks

mercedies, it does have an inglass or shark fin right? that sounds like its one of those cars that either need to have the factory amp powered (antenna, not audio) by connecting the avics blue wire to the blue wire in the harness, if this was connected, then you should try the antenna adapter with the amp built in

such as this antenna adapter, if you dont already have a signal amp built into the car

http://scosche.com/products/sfID1/151/s ... uctID/1927

• 11 months later...

mercedies, it does have an inglass or shark fin right? that sounds like its one of those cars that either need to have the factory amp powered (antenna, not audio) by connecting the avics blue wire to the blue wire in the harness, if this was connected, then you should try the antenna adapter with the amp built in

such as this antenna adapter, if you dont already have a signal amp built into the car

<!-- m -->http://scosche.com/products/sfID1/151/s ... uctID/1927<!-- m -->

I'm sorry. I disappeared for a while and just recently got back on the forums. Thank you for your input.