AVIC411.com

Another z120bt Tahoe install thread...lol

Just ordered everything to install z120bt in 2008 Tahoe. Just looking for any new tips and tricks to make the install go smoothly. I plan on doing the bypass already. Anything else you can help me with would be great. I include a list of truck specs and items I purchased.

2008 Chevy Tahoe- No: Nav, Bose, Onstar, or XM. Tahoe does have parking sensors.

What I bought: Pioneer z120bt, Pac OS-4 (I'm suppose to recieve the latest rev.), Pac SWI-PS rev. 1.6.8, GEX P-920XM, Ipod USB cable, and American International GM-K317 Dash Kit.

- Where is the best/easiest place to mount the XM module? Where are we mounting the XM antenna?

- I Heard that z120bt is slightly too deep for Tahoe dash and that trimming behind the unit is necessary. True or False?

- My Tahoe did not come with a backup camera. I did install a factory camera, but instead of using the factory harness I spliced a 4 wire cord into the camera's cord. Now I have a power, ground, and 2 wires for an RCA plug. I need a 5 volt power source to power the factory camera. Does anyone know how I can go about doing this?

- Best Microphone Location in Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban/Silverado/etc

Just ordered everything to install z120bt in 2008 Tahoe. Just looking for any new tips and tricks to make the install go smoothly. I plan on doing the bypass already. Anything else you can help me with would be great. I include a list of truck specs and items I purchased.

2008 Chevy Tahoe- No: Nav, Bose, Onstar, or XM. Tahoe does have parking sensors.

What I bought: Pioneer z120bt, Pac OS-4 (I'm suppose to recieve the latest rev.), Pac SWI-PS rev. 1.6.8, GEX P-920XM, Ipod USB cable, and American International GM-K317 Dash Kit.

- Where is the best/easiest place to mount the XM module? Where are we mounting the XM antenna?

- I Heard that z120bt is slightly too deep for Tahoe dash and that trimming behind the unit is necessary. True or False?

- My Tahoe did not come with a backup camera. I did install a factory camera, but instead of using the factory harness I spliced a 4 wire cord into the camera's cord. Now I have a power, ground, and 2 wires for an RCA plug. I need a 5 volt power source to power the factory camera. Does anyone know how I can go about doing this?

U can pretty much mount the XM tuner anywhere there's room for it (behind dash, under seat). The antenna can go on the front or rear of your roof.

If you require 5V, you can get a regulator to step it down. Or even a cigarette lighter adapter that outputs 5V.

Having some issues with my z120bt. Just started to do some install work late tonight and here is what I have so far.

- Do we have to trim the dash for the head unit to fit in all the way? I can't seem to get mine deep enough. What do I do?

- ipod interface not working. I have a 3rd Gen Nano 8gb. I connected it and boot up the system and try to go to ipod and it just switches between avi1, avi2, and ipod.

- I have the new chimes. The factory ones were so good now these suck on the PAC OS4. Anyway to get factory chimes back?

- SWI-PS can't seem to get it programmed correctly. Did not spend much time on it yet. What buttons are we programming to do what? How did you wire up your system to have a mute button plus do the bypass?

- ipod interface not working. I have a 3rd Gen Nano 8gb. I connected it and boot up the system and try to go to ipod and it just switches between avi1, avi2, and ipod.

This makes no sense. Please try again.

- SWI-PS can't seem to get it programmed correctly. Did not spend much time on it yet. What buttons are we programming to do what? How did you wire up your system to have a mute button plus do the bypass?

The mute wire has nothing to do with muting the unit from the SWI-PS. Programing instructions are provided with the PS.

I rebooted my 3rd gen and now it works. Always reboot before anything else on anything that can reboot.lol Is the ipod suppose to turn off when the head unit and car is powered off? I don't want to have to unplug it everytime I want to use it.

I got the SWI-PS working correctly now. I needed to use version 2 instead of 1 because I am using the OS-4 module.

Everything seems to be working now. Install complete.

Thanks for the help.