AVIC411.com

Plug in XM module, HD Radio disapears?

All,

Intalled my z120 yesterday with MSN, HD radio tuner and xm920 module. All was working fine, XM and HD Radio. Today randomly the XM went out. I pulled the XM module out and disconnected it. HD radio comes back. I swapped the 920 module with my old 10xmt module, same issue, HD Radio disappears. Unplug it HD radio comes back. Here's the odd part, if I just plug in the IPBUS cable to the xm module, HD radio stays on screen, as soon as I attach power to the xm module (either 920 or 10xmt) the HD Radio and XMRadio icons disappear.

In none of the scenarios does XM show up anymore. Do I have a defective head unit? I read another thread about an IPBus issue when more than 2 modules are connected, the z120bt has a bug where it drops connections. Not sure if thats true or not.

Anyway, before I tear the unit out to troubleshoot I was curious if this is a known issue or if anyone has run into this? I just don't want to reinvent the wheel while troubleshooting this. Any help would be appreciated.