AVIC411.com

D3 bluetooth phonebook transfer on Android phone

• 3 weeks later...

2.1 is the old Android software. A few of the newest phones are on 2.2, and it is a huge improvement,including supposed support for Bluetooth phonebook transfers and Bluetooth voice dialing. In my research it seems people's experience trying to use these 2 features is sketchy, some it works, others it doesn't.

It does not work for me with 2.2 on my Pioneer DEH-7100BT. I'm pretty sure I'm going to switch back to my Blackberry Pearl and turn off my data plan again. Bluetooth is my favorite phone feature, and it is cheaper and easier to trade phones to find one that works, than it is to trade car stereos. Though I am thoroughly pissed at Pioneer about the mediocre quality of this radio, and wouldn't be shocked if it was Pioneer/Parrot's fault and not Android.

In my experience though, advanced Bluetooth features like phonebook and voice dialing work better and more reliably on old dumb phones. The "smarter" the phone is, the less likely Bluetooth is to work with anything other than the most basic transmit headset sound feature.