AVIC411.com

Need help to confirm parts- Ford Edge- AVIC-x920bt

Hi all-

Thanks to all of you who posted the Amazon.com 30% +10% off deal on Pioneer audio. Needless to say, I ordered the AVIC-x920bt. Since it is en route, I wanted to order all the installation parts so I could hook it up, but this is where I need some help.

I believe I need:

PAC-SWI-PS to maintain my steering wheel controls

Metra 95-5812 double din dash kit

PAC C2R-FRD1 radio interface to connect the AVIC to the Ford

BAA20 antenna adapter

This is for installation into my 2010 Ford Edge SEL, nothing special re: sub/ amp. Not too sure about the Sirius interface, and what parts I will need for that, or if I will bother.

Any/ all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to many of you here for helping me get this far along!

yes the SWI-PS is the right part

for dash kits my shop uses the Metra 99-5815 which has both the single and double din options (i'm not saying that the 5812 wont work, but i dont know for sure)

the antenna adapter i use is the Metra 40-cr10

the harness we use is the scosche FDK11B

and you wont be able to use the stock sirius tuner, if you want sat radio you will have to buy the pioneer sat equipment (CD-sb10 AND SCC1)

it looks like the pac unit has the can module that can read signals off of the data bus, which it cost more but it makes the install easier, for instance with most of the newer fords, there is no longer a ACC wire in the harness (the wire that tells the radio when to turn on) all the new cars tell the radio when to turn on and off through the data bus, so with the pac module you just plug it in and its good, with the part that i linked to, its a lot cheaper but you will probably have to run your own acc wire, also the modules usually also give you wires for the VSS and reverse right from the data bus as well