AVIC411.com

D3 backup camera

I recently installed the Boyo VTL422C backup camera to an Avic D3 in my 07 WRX. There are 3 cables to be connected: the rca input, the ground, and the power. I connected the rca input to the output cable on the d3 harness, i grounded the camera, and connected the power by tapping into the reverse light wire. I turned the camera ON through the AV menu, and there are 2 options for polarity: battery and ground. The problem is that the camera doesn't automatically turn on whenIi switch into reverse, though I can use it by switching to rear view in the Nav menu. I've tried both ground and battery options, and haven't come up with an answer. The camera also sometimes automatically turns on when i turn on the car. I've researched this problem and haven't found a solution yet. Please help! Thanks!

so i ran a wire from the accessory to the power of the backup camera, and as expected, nothing changed except that i can view the backup camera from the navi at any time even if its not in reverse. but my problem remains: it doesn't switch automatically to the backup camera when i put my car into reverse. sometimes it even randomly views the camera. i think it has something to do with the reverse wire from the harness to the reverse wire in the car, but i dont know what the problem could be because i made solid connections. please help thanks

that didnt do anything. but i got it working. the wrx has 2 reverse light wires, and i decided to tap into the one i didnt try, even though i was sure it wouldnt make a difference...it worked. now when i put the car into reverse, it automatically switches to the rear camera view. and because i tapped into the accessory as well, i can view the rear view through the navi even when im not in reverse. thanks for all ur help!!