AVIC411.com

Bad handsfree quality (microphone)

Hi,

My F910 was stolen before summer, while it was being replaced with a F9110 I dropped my iPhone 3G. I wanted to wait for the iPhone 4 so i carried an ancient phone arround for a while.

Now i've got my iPhone 4 and just paired it up with the Avic, my other phone did not have BT. I made a few calls during the past few days using the F9110 but i keep getting complaints about the bad sound quality and people hearing themselves talking...

The Avic is hooked up to the built-in mic in my VW Golf GTI Mk5. (So was the F910)

Please advice!

Bento

Nah the prev. unit was factory installed aswell. (Limited Edition Golf GTI). I went to look at some date stamps on receipts i've got and came to the conclusion i have used my old iPhone with this unit. Back then it was working fine.

Looks like it's an iPhone 4 / iOS 4 problem. I will try and test this with a Nokia tonight.

• 1 month later...

I just bought the Z120BT and installed.

As this is my first unit I had high hopes, but only fell short on interference with buzzing noise on the callers end and serious echo (even with echo control on).

I've found that mic placement solved the echo issue and the actual placement of the phone in relation to the stereo seriously minimized the buzzing (although I'm unsure why)

Examples:

Phone location:

Between my legs - perfect call condition

In my cupholder (where I normally put it) - medium buzzing

On top of the console (above the head unit) - heavy buzzing

In the back seat - heavy buzzing

Give it a try and see if you have the same.

Regards

Brett