AVIC411.com

x920bt giving headlight problems

Does anyone know why when I'm already playing music and then I turn my headlights on, the subwoofer stops working?

I tried buying better RCAs, switching amps, switching subwoofers, and I also tried not plugging in the illumination wire to the system. It is still giving me problems. When I turn off the headlights, it wont give me problems. It's just when i turn the headlights on.. It's like the headlight is taking too much power from the subwoofer supply or something.

You have aftermarket HIDs right? This is now a common problem and seems to be related to having relayed harness connected straight to the battery instead of harnesses that plug into your cars factory harnesses. You will need to see about acquiring a different type of harness that will plug into the switched plugs for your headlights.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You have aftermarket HIDs right? This is now a common problem and seems to be related to having relayed harness connected straight to the battery instead of harnesses that plug into your cars factory harnesses. You will need to see about acquiring a different type of harness that will plug into the switched plugs for your headlights.

If the aftermarket HID's are tied to the battery through a relay, why then would the sub cut out and stay out? it might have a spike in current draw but then stabilize after turning on. and sub should come back on, or really should not have turned off. I would put a multimeter on yer battery and watch voltage when you turn on your headlights. You may have bad connections on battery, corrosion on termials, or amp wire. Measure at battery, and then measure again at amp.

Well I don't think anyone knows for sure why this is happening but it is a common problem with many of us with aftermarket HIDs. It is tied to the HIDs being powered on. There are many threads about this on this forum going all the back to a year now.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. Cant seem to find a solution anywhere on the web. Pioneer customer service didnt help at all.

Have you read the previous posts on this thread about how to fix it?

Did you do any of what was recommended in those previous posts?

This thread has solutions listed, if you have tried those solutions and they didn't work, you should say that.

Have you read the previous posts on this thread about how to fix it?

Did you do any of what was recommended in those previous posts?

This thread has solutions listed, if you have tried those solutions and they didn't work, you should say that.

The solution listed in this thread is to not use a relayed harness. My HID's (35W) are plugged directly into the factory harness without using any relays or relayed harness. The issue is still on for me.

Pioneer customer service has been non-responsive like they are not even aware of this problem.

The solution listed in this thread is to not use a relayed harness. My HID's (35W) are plugged directly into the factory harness without using any relays or relayed harness. The issue is still on for me.

Pioneer customer service has been non-responsive like they are not even aware of this problem.

Much more helpful information, I can't help, but someone else might be able to.

The relay issue is a contributing factor because removing it has eliminated the issue for nearly all of the people that I have suggested to do so. However this problem exist as well for others without relays. I also have relays and have this issue. The solution that I have adopted is simple, I turn on my lights as soon as I start my car. As long as I do so within about 5 seconds I have no issues. I also however have the ACC wire of my head unit connect to a toggle switch so I can restart the unit if I fail to activate my lights in time. As far as response from Pioneer, you might as well forget it. Although there are many that have reported the issue on this forum, I suspect many have not reported the issue in the proper manner to Pioneer so they aren't going to recognize the issue.