AVIC411.com

2005 Jetta How to remove headunit? (AVH-P3200BT)

Hi I got my new AVH-P3200BT installed recently at best buy (big mistake). I ordered the ebrake bypass online and figured it would be an easy install to do myself. Except I can't figure out how to remove the mounting bracket around the headunit. Best buy refuses to give me any info on how to remove the headunit. I mean wtf is the point of having inputs on the back of a headunit if I can't take it out. Any help on how the hell to remove the mounting bracket for my car would be greatly appreciated.

the reason they cant give you any information on how to remove the radio is quite simple, if anyone other than them messes around with the radio, it voids your warranty with them (you wouldn't believe how many times ive had customers bring back cars that i had installed something into and then they had their buddy try to install an amp or something and totally fukc up my install, and then i have to charge them a second time to repair what their buddy messed up)

if you really want to be back there, then you really should know how to take it apart, but here is where you can get the instructions on how to do it since its not really that easy of a job

https://metradealer.com/files/products/INST99-9010.pdf

and for future reference, if you ever need instructions for dash disassembly, go to metraonline.com and click on products and look up the dash kit for the vehicle that you are working on, then download the install instructions, the disassembly will be at the beginning

http://www.metraonline.com/productsl.aspx