AVIC411.com

Couple of troubleshooting items for Z110BT

I am running a Z110BT and since install I've had some problems, and since the update, I've now got enough that posting doesn't seem so 'crazy'. The unit is installed in my wife's 2007 Hyundai Entourage minivan. It does have the factory updates.

1) We religiously enter the fuel data. When I open up AVIC Feeds on my PC it's not showing them, and never has... Not knowing if this is related, but when the unit was new, when we entered the fuel data screen, it would show the miles driven since the last fuel entry. Now, that miles drive doesn't populate at all. I have verified the VSS wire, so I am not sure what else to do.

2) FM radio quality...what quality. It's always been bad, but even with HD radio, it's scary bad! What can I do, as there is one local channel the wife wants to listen to. When I called Pioneer the tech I talked to said it was because I didn't ground the antenna wire, but didn't explain what he meant. I have grounds everywhere that is appropriate, so I'm not sure what to think.

3) SanDisk Ultra II 1GB SD card. When loaded with nothing on it, and asking it to log the trip. When it hits 2 MB it says 90% full. I check the card for any other data, and that's it. Just the LT folder.

4) When the unit boots up, which is usually to XM, none of the names are populating on the right hand side of the screen, where the scroll of presets is. It shows white boxes, but not the correct channel and the image is blank.

Any help is appreciated!!

the fm quality .. make sure the power ant wire is hooked up correctly. the car has an amplified antenna. if not fired up you get almost nothing. also sometimes the power ant wire out of unit is not enough. use amp turn on wire instread.as for the vehicle data cant tell you never use it my caddie does al those tasks. sounds like you have a poor install or a bad unit. who did the install? jim