AVIC411.com

only 2 RCA inputs..

I have a Avic d-3 and have it installed into a chevy silverado 1500. I am using the Gmos 04 harness. The gmos 04 harness has 4 rca jacks . The avic d3..only has 2 rca inputs. When installed this way..I only get sound from the front speakers. How am I suppose to get sound from the rear speakers? The rca inputs on the d-3 only contain 2 inputs and 1 video.

Also, I bought the gmos used..and someone had cut the RCA jacks. So I had to cut the RCA jacks on the d3. I wried the wires together in the same manner (the inner ground wire to the inner wire of the input and the outs to the outs). So that all works fine..I still have my front speakers. But like I said only 2 inputs on the d3. WIth this in mind..would it work If I just wired these rca wires (since there is 2) to the speaker wires themselves? That would give me all 4 and just by pass the rca inputs on the d3.

If not..how am I suppose to get the other speakers in the vehicle to work when I only have 2 inputs? It has the bose premium so it has 6 speakers in the truck.

Thanks!

well first off, you need to connect the GMOS to the AVIC's outputs, not the inputs.

second, i'm curious as to why your D3 only has one pair of outputs (assuming that you mis-spoke about where you where plugging them into) when every other D3 i have ever installed has had three sets of outputs (front, rear, and sub) is this a euro unit?

connecting the GMOS's inputs directly to the AVIC's speaker outputs is a bad ideal since you have the bose system, that means that you have a factory amp that is driving the speakers and that amp need to receive a signal on its inputs not a amplified signal, doing so would cause the original signal to get amplified as it leaves the AVIC and then again as it leaves the bose amp, this will cause a ton of distortion and will probably destroy the speakers very easily.

instead of cutting the rca connectors off of the avic you should have put rca connectors back onto the GMOS's wires

at this point you best bet would be to "split" the signal from the one output you have on the avic to both of the inputs on the GMOS, you will lose fade but at least all of your speakers will work.

i would be more concerned as to why you D3 is missing the all of the other outputs, did your harness get messed with or is it the wrong harness?