AVIC411.com

AVH-3200BT Non-iPod Support Disappointing

Hi all,

Just bought and installed an AVH-3200BT and am really pleased with it. One thing that is a bit disappointing though is its handling of audio non-iPod devices (SD / USB). It treats them as filesystems, having to traverse the whole folder structure, and does not build any indexes.

This makes the process of navigating from my preferred media (SD) pretty slow, no alphabetic search, and no album art displayed while playing :( Not something that's made clear in the marketing material really.

I previously had Dension Gateway installed which had so many problems I scrapped it, but one thing it did do is build an internal index regardless of whether iPod or USB mass storage was connected, making it fast to navigate and search.

Are there any workarounds or hacks for this? Is it likely it would be improved in a firmware update? Are Pioneer known for issuing improvements / upgrades for this type of thing? Sorry for all the questions but this is my first venture into aftermarket HU's so all quite new at the moment.