AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVIC-F Recall for Rebooting issue?

I love my Pioneer AVIC-F90BT but I have already had to re-install the WindowsCE and FlashDisk over 4 times in the last year and a half. As it seems, I think almost every unit has the same issue with the rebooting. Shouldn't Pioneer do a recall on these units and fix this stability issue or at least come out with a stable build and make it available on their website for download?

And BTW, I wanted to thank everyone who posts all these helpful threads on this site! This site has helped tremendously and I would have thrown my AVIC against the wall a long time ago if it wasn't for this site! :twisted:

This unit is long discontinued and will not be recalled. Only a class action might make that happen.

Agreed. This is unbelievable. The solution to send back to Pioneer (not sure if that's still an option) is ridiculous as the owner/customer assumes the costs associated with removing the unit, shipping and reinstall. Given that I don't want to remove on my own, nor should I, I'm limited to contacting an installer to pay for this service and then to reinstall. Could I do it? Maybe but the bigger question is why. I think it's ridiculous that this many people (at least those who have posted; presuming significant # of others have had same trouble) have had or are currenly experiencing this problem and there's been no official word per their site. Very, very frustrating for a product that cost a decent amount of $$$.