AVIC411.com

P4200 DVD questions

Hey everyone, first, i love my P4200 DVD, but i have two problems/questions

#1 every once in a while (maybe one in 5 start ups) the unit comes on, the sub powers up, but the speakers don't get a signal. I am forced to turn my jeep off and open the door (which power cycles the unit) to get the sound to work again. Anyone knwo what this might be?

The unit is attached to a PAC interface with the stock amp/speakers. maybe its the interface, but i cant figure out how to power cycle the head unit without cutting power to it completely!

#2 i have 5% tint on my jeep (yeah yeah, i know) and at night, this thing is SO BRIGHT it makes it impossible to see out! is there a way to change the brightness on this beast?

Thanks in advance.

My old Pioneer flip screen had an ambient light sensor built in, I'm not sure if the new ones have this or not. May sound stupid but you do have the correct dimmer wire spliced right?

My P4200 is at the shop getting a firmware update, I'll check it out when I get it back in the car. I don't remember seeing any kind of brightness adjustments in the menu.

• 3 weeks later...

My old Pioneer flip screen had an ambient light sensor built in, I'm not sure if the new ones have this or not. May sound stupid but you do have the correct dimmer wire spliced right?

My P4200 is at the shop getting a firmware update, I'll check it out when I get it back in the car. I don't remember seeing any kind of brightness adjustments in the menu.

Got my unit back from the shop and back in the car. Dimmer wire was orange w/ inline fuse (P4200DVD) that wanted a 12v source only when the dash lights were on.