AVIC411.com

CD-IB100II

No problems with the CBII and the D1, except for the limited info display.

Make sure your cables are corrected properly including power, ground and i-bus.

In my setup I have the CB daisy chained off the xm module. You could try to flip them. N3->CB->XM

I did all that i think its the unit. Its funny becasue i had the ipod adapter go to the xm then xm to the brain. Now if i did not have power on to the ipod adapater the xm would not work. Thats kinda werid in my eyes because the ipod was conected to the xm. then xm to brain.

Not sure what to do.

I also just did the ipod adapter to the brain and that did not work either.

Could it be my ipod? I did not think of trying another one. But my ipod works fine in my pc and my mac

Mike

well first off, if the ipod adapter is the last thing in line on the daisy chain it wouldnt matter if the other pieces closer to the brain worked. thats very simple to grasp i would think. like say you have a chain, and the last link is rusted, would it effect the others? no not really, but should a link in the middle be rusted yes it would effect the others.

But based on your assumption so far I would guess that your understanding of the connections and general installation is not very strong, maybe take it to a pro for their input would help. Also, like mentioned make sure cables are good and connections for power are good. maybe try taking the ipbus cable from xm and use it temp in the ipod and connect that only. should that work you know cable is bad, also be certain that the power (and ground) cables are good.

I understand the setup perfectly but just to let you konw that all devices on the bus must be powerd even at the end of the line of the daisy chain. I called pioneer. They think bad unit. I have to send it out to them. I will let you konw what happens. Anything on teh bus must have power or nothing on the bus will work.

Mike

that doesnt make any sense. I really doubt that. everything has to be powered, YES... but one units functioning is not dependend on the others down cheain being powered. that just makes no sense, why fuse each individually then? anyways just thinking about this frustrates me that i have to have this conversation with someone who clearly doesnt understand things, even when they are described. I hope I am not wrong, but it just doesnt make sense the way you are explaining it.

actually there have been people who have had bad cables, and the last thing on the chain didnt work, hence not powered but the other accessories worked, that in itself exposes your understanding to be false.

----------update--------

just double checked this, and in fact you are wrong, if the end link in the daisy chain is NOT powered, it will not effect the function of the closer units. which means the last thing the ipod being powered or not is not required, you have mis information and now have shown your ignorance with the setup and hence the advice would probably best given would be for you to seek a pro, especially if you are not willing to check the things offered earlier. not trying to insult you as each person has their own strong points but its clear this isnt yours, something else is for you.

THis is all depending on how the bus actally works. It may have a loop back setup. THink about it this way from what i can tell the bus is similer to and IDE bus for hard drives in the computer. You have hard drive A and hard B on the same IDE cable. Hard drive A power is pluged in witch is on the first spot on IDE cable. Then Hard drive be is on the second spot of the cable with no power plugged in. The bios will not see either drive. Its somewere to termatinate. Now back to what you said. If the ip-bus cable was bad and it was last on the chain the unit would never see that it was even there witch then all thing on the chain would run normal. So in all in all i could be totaly off. But most likley thats the way teh bus works. Just to clearfy a bit for you.

Mike

you arent clarifing it for me son, honestly, i have been doing this a long time and read the -------update-------- above. I just tested this in real world and its proved your info to be wrong. I am done now offering info as its a waste of time since it seems you have gotten something in your head and dont want to accept the facts that show things to be different.

cant work different, if it was a loop, then it wouldnt work when not connected, the last thing would always look for that loop and expect something to be connected and it isnt. then not work and then kill everything in line. so its NOT looped. If you get this stuff understood you can attack your problem easier. why not just go down to cc or best buy and pick up another one, try it, if it works you know the unit is bad, if not then you know its something your installing... you can always return it.