AVIC411.com

Hey! F900BT Owner with big problems, looping etc

Hi all!

Thought i would join up as you all seem to know a hell of a lot about these radios!

My Story

Bought a car with the AVIC-F900BT in, which would only display a blue screen, then go to a blank black screen... The CD will still play but cannot do anything else.. but when you press next or menu it still makes a sound...

I couldnt find out how to get the poxy thing back working, and I got the radio into testing mode, searched through the menus clicking things that looked helpful, and no it doesnt do anything!

The radio lights come up but the screen does nothing, and thats it.. no CD playing or anything.

I was guessing fully wiping the system and putting new firmware on it would help, but i dont know how, and I have been searching, with not much luck as I am after a UK firmware.. Unless any others work?

Would love to hear from you, and i understand if i need to copy this into another forum, not the welcome forum!

Many thanks,

Will

I was guessing fully wiping the system and putting new firmware on it would help, but i dont know how, and I have been searching, with not much luck as I am after a UK firmware.. Unless any others work?

Would love to hear from you, and i understand if i need to copy this into another forum, not the welcome forum!

Many thanks,

Will

Just reflash with this LINK. It has the US maps but you can delete them and put the EU ones in after you get it working.

I HATE DOUBLE POSTERS!

But this is an update, sorry.

Been playing with the headunit for a whole day with a friend and finally got somewhere...

After attempting many firmware updates, wince upates etc we figured that by writing the SDMLC file using the Diskwirte program, i am now able to get the Pioneer splash screen up! The Cd plays, sometimes, but not usually. The screen simply hangs on the Pioneer logo now, and restart over and over..

I updated the firmware again, by copying over in testmode, but still no luck.

Tomorrow I will try and update the firmware using the firmware from the website once again..

But could someone please try and point me in the right direction from here, as Im half way there I wuld just like to know if there is an easy way just to get the headunit back up and running. I dont particularly want to hack the unit or play arond too much, just want a working headunit!

Sorry if some of my terms are not correct, its been a long day and a few hours since i played with the headunit so i may have said some of the terms wrong!

Thank you in advance if anyone could help me out here.. and yes I know how to use the search button, and I have trooled through the forums for hours and hours.. Just going round in circles now it seems..

Many thanks,

Will

*EDIT*

BTW I can get into test mode blah blah so no issues there!