AVIC411.com

D3... No sound, Nav stuck in one spot...

I got a D3 unit from a friend of mine that was selling his Jeep (same Jeep as mine).... Everything worked perfect when it was installed in his Jeep and when I went to swap it over to mine I found out that since I have the premium sound system (and he did not) I needed the amp turn on module. So I got that and installed everything. Now for some reason the only sound that works is off the radio. When I go to the iPod i can control it and change songs and it shows that the music is playing and making progress but there is no sound... when I insert a DVD it plays on the screen but again makes no sound.

Now onto the Nav... When I turn on the car it shows me at my current location, but as soon as I start driving it doesn't move. The pointer changes direction (north south east or west) but doesn't progress on the map.

I hooked up the rear view camera to an acc wire so I could use it to keep an eye on the trailer while towing and it worked when i first hooked it up, but now it wont come on at all. The module was supposed to connect the reverse wire to the computer but it never would switch over when I put it in reverse.

Could it be the amp turn on module? It doesn't make sense that the radio makes sound and nothing else does.

This all took place a while back and I got frustrated with it and put in in the box under my bed till I had enough money to take it to a stereo shop and have them look at it but now I just wanted to try and see if anyone knew what was going on.

Anyway, Lots of issues and it sucks that it was all working in his Jeep when I bought it off him and now it seems like NOTHING works...

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Jared