AVIC411.com

Pioneer Hinting Towards Android Update(Start emailing Pioneer!)

Sorry if the title is misleading or maybe got your hopes up, but I emailed Pioneer a few days ago and got this back this morning:

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

Unfortunately as of right now we have not received any information about adding support for the Android operating system. But with the Droid phones becoming extremely popular and more and more people asking for it could just be a matter of time before we issue some update to add that feature.

Thank You,

Kevin

Customer Service Representative

Everyone start emailing them asap so we can get this out soon. Customer.Support@pioneerservice.com

I hate not being able to use my Android phone when it does everything the Iphone can. I think it would be rather simple to make an app like Pandora Link on the Android market but im not a programmer.

Edit: For Android phones, I suppose one can at least launch Pandora on the phone and then use Bluetooth AVCRP or A2DP streaming to the AVIC.

Pioneer would probably have to make an AVIC-to-Android cable to get a Pandora Link version for Android phones. I'm not sure there's a way to do it via Bluetooth connection and have the AVIC touch screen work for Pandora.

The Droid X works pretty well with my X920. Bluetooth phone and contacts couldn't be better, although there is much to be desired in regards to streaming bluetooth and Pandora. I can play/pause/skip on bluetooth audio, with Pandora all I can do is play audio with no control over it.

What I would really like to see is an effective way to transfer contacts from android to an x710.

Pioneer would probably have to make an AVIC-to-Android cable to get a Pandora Link version for Android phones. I'm not sure there's a way to do it via Bluetooth connection and have the AVIC touch screen work for Pandora.

Again what Pioneer does wont matter if the Android phones don't support any type of remote control protocol over USB.