AVIC411.com

X920BT in Australia

Hi,

I am new here and looking for some help.

I live in Australia and am looking to buy the X920BT for my wife's new car. We use pandora on our iPhones a lot (over VPN) and would love to have that functionality in the car. Ideally we would like a non-navigation double din model with Pandora but this is not currently an option.

My question is... What will be the implications of using the X920BT in Australia when the navigation will not work?

I don't wan't to import one to find that it won't even let me start it up or access other features of the unit because it can't locate itself on the map or because it registers that it is in another country. I wouldn't want it to display random error messages or do other things that would be annoying.

I would be happy to buy the unit if I know that the navigation stuff will just sit there in the background and I can forget about it.

I would appreciate anyone that has this knowledge or might have used one overseas.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the reply. I have seen the F Series and they look good but it is only the Pandora feature that I am after.

My main question is if anyone knows if I can use the X920BT without having the navigation causing problems in another country.

I could just buy it and try it out but it will be an expensive mistake if it doesn't work.

You need the F920BT.

Hi. Sorry to keep this going but it appears that the F920BT is for Europe (not Australia). After looking on the Europe Pioneer website I couldn't find anything that mentioned if the F920BT has Pandora or not.

Perhaps another way to pose my question is to ask if anybody has run their X920BT without the GPS hooked up. Any problems?

You can use the unit without using the navi. Just don't plug the antenna in. You may get the occasional warning but I don't believe it will happen often. Recently I installed a Z120BT without the antenna for over 24 hours and got no warnings. Other then that there aren't going to be a lot of people doing what you want to do so I doubt you will get a better answer. Sorry.