AVIC411.com

Hey guys, I recently added a factory Ford GPS/Sirius antenna to my 2004 F150 FX4, to clean up the look a little. When I hook it up to the AVIC-Z3 it shows that the antenna connection is OK, but when I drive around, it is no where close to my actual location. I reset the location a handful of times, with the thought that it might need to "re-calibrate" or something along those lines, but it still thinks I am going 30km/h faster than I am. I noticed that there is no speed pulse (I didn't install the deck, I bought the truck with it installed already) and after a little poking around on the inter-web I found the wiring diagram for my truck. I plan to relocate the VSS wire to what I think is the proper location so that it gets the pulse, but I am curious if the factory antenna will ever work for me?? Has anyone else ever had this issue?

The connection status with both my factory Ford antenna and the supplied Pioneer one both say OK, and disconnecting them does make it say it's not connected, but the status doesn't light up any of the satellite icons with either antenna. Is it possible that I was driving around on the Sirius antenna, instead of the GPS??

Thanks for your help, and thanks for the forum!!