AVIC411.com

Pics of my Install in my Cayman - Z120BT

I took my car to Hurley's Auto Audio in VA to do the work. They are a great shop and I'd highly recommend them to anyone in the area. They have a ton of experience working on Porsches and the install is definitely one of the better ones I've seen. It's so clean that people often ask me if my car came with that Nav unit stock.

I'm using 3 piece Focal Polyglass speakers in the front and an Alpine PDX-F6 driving all the speakers. I love the NAV unit but I do have a couple of complaints:

1) I wish the NAV graphics were better

2) I wish there was an easier way to move around the map once you have a destination loaded. It's just not smooth

3) I wish MSN wasn't the live traffic provider

4) The bluetooth microphone sucks. hard.

Other than that, I think it's a great unit. I can't use my phone through the bluetooth, but that's mostly because my car has headers and a full exhaust, so it's pretty loud. Other than that, the back-up camera is great, Pandora through the NAV interface is pretty cool and the iPod/iPhone controls when the phone is connected via the cord is pretty good. I wish there was a way to rate songs through the interface, so my music ratings would update when I resync the phone in iTunes, but I'm fairly certain that's Apple not allowing other manufacturers to have that feature. Often times I use bluetooth audio so I can rate music on phone as I listen to it.

Anyways, that's enough of that... pic of the headunit installed:

Porsche%20Cayman%20Pioneer%20Nav%20Install2.jpg