AVIC411.com

Can't seem answer to this question anywhere. Is there an aux input for this unit that I can use for anything other than the iPods/iPhones? The supplied 3.5mm jack won't get audio without the iPod/iPhone plugged in. Thanks.

Yes, there is a 2nd set of RCA inputs in the A/V harness that you can use with an adapter cable.

(it's in the install manual)

And the 3.5mm input will certainly work without the iPod plugged in.

dont you have to change the setting for AV1 off of Ipod first?

:grin: :grin: :grin: You know Johnny, your'er my favorite new member. Diane you've been a favorite for a while now.

now your just playing favorites, i feel so left out, thanks dude, i guess i'll just go kick rocks! :cry:

dont you have to change the setting for AV1 off of Ipod first?

Yes that is correct.

now your just playing favorites, i feel so left out, thanks dude, i guess i'll just go kick rocks! :cry:

Now Josh, you know that you go completely without saying that you're one of my favorites. :razz:

• 2 weeks later...

yea my installers put a nice 3.5mm jack right next to the cig lighter on my dash and it works no matter if an ipod or iphone is plugged in. its set as AV2 works like a champ

so when using a Ipod or Iphone, you just use a aux cable instead of using the AVIC's built in Ipod interface?

so when using a Ipod or Iphone, you just use a aux cable instead of using the AVIC's built in Ipod interface?

nah i have the pioneer 30pin ipod connector in the glovebox and the aux (3.5mm jack) by the cig lighter that is set to play from av2. so i use the ipod normally but if someone hopped in and wanted me to hear soemthing they can just plug into that instead of disturbing my ipod.