AVIC411.com

GPS Voice + Music should it lower?

I think someone is wrong with my Avic f90bt. If I'm playing my xm or have my ipod hooked up and using the GPS when the text to speech comes on it doesn't lower the music. Isn't it suppose to lower the music when giving GPS directions. If I remember right I think it was doing that but recently I've been realizing it's not lowing the voice. Is there a way to fix this. Is there a settings I can go to fix this... I'm really not sure what to do.

I cant find the mute menu. The only time it mutes is when I'm getting a call. I don't know if this makes any difference but my car broke down and chrysler had it towed to the jeep dealer and they had disconnected my viper alarm system under the dash. The shop reconnected it back that day but could they have missed a wire under the dash? And I see dynamic volume while going through the menus on the nav screen does that have to be set a certain way. Its stage because I think it would automatically lower the radio when giving a voice direction.

could they have missed a wire under the dash?

No. there is a mute wire that is for muting the radio for an external source but the avic does all of its muting for its sources internally (nav and phone) and the remote start would have no wires ran to the radio for any thing haveing to do with muting the system.