AVIC411.com

Album cover art on x920BT?

OK I did attempt to search but since "art" is too short, it's tough to find anything relevant.

As I understand from the posts that I have read and the manual, album art should appear on iPod/iPhone sources, but using my iPhone4 I'm not getting any cover art on any of the albums I have tried (and I KNOW I have artwork on all of them!)

Am I screwing something up or do I need to enable anything or is this just a Pioneer idiosyncracy?

Aside from this, I just want to say that I stepped "up" from an Alpine W-505 over the holiday weekend, (I think the Alpine is theoretically a higher-end piece, but the x920 works SO MUCH BETTER at just about everything) and I'm having a blast with my new toy. Yeah, there are some silly things like the VR being tied to the Nav software to start up, and a couple of other oddities, but coming from the Alpine UI which is one of the worst things I've ever had to deal with on a daily basis.

Amazon... $50ish, Pioneer branded & packaged (not to say that it couldn't be counterfeit, I suppose)

I did read enough to steer clear of the obvious bargain ebay cables.

This one - http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CD-IU50V-Interface-Cable-iPhone/product-reviews/B001TINUF4/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

although it appears that they've got it knocked down to $25 now. happy cyber monday?

:oops:

OMG I'm a moron. It appears that my transition to the Pioneer head unit happened in the wake of a recent iTunes library rebuild moving to a new computer. I reloaded all of my music on my iPhone BEFORE iTunes put all the cover art in the tags, so only one or two albums on the iPhone actually had the cover art... it had of course all been updated shortly after, so when I browse iTunes I see artwork for all of these titles, but that never got synced to my phone.

LOL @ me.

• 2 weeks later...

OK I did attempt to search but since "art" is too short, it's tough to find anything relevant.

As I understand from the posts that I have read and the manual, album art should appear on iPod/iPhone sources, but using my iPhone4 I'm not getting any cover art on any of the albums I have tried (and I KNOW I have artwork on all of them!)

I am having a similar issue. Both with an iphone 3g and and iphone 4. at first album art was there. then after syncs new music would either not have it, or show up as the wrong art. at first restores would ALWAYS fix this. now the album art is is just missing completely. connected my girls iphone 4 just to see. hers was missing it also and it shows up on both iphones and itunes librarys and desktops and windows explorers and finders just about anyplace you could look accept the x920BT in my truck. even shows up on my black berry.

doing a restore now to see what happens.

i have the pioneer 50$ cable installed by my installer. i have the packaging for it. its legit.

• 4 weeks later...

So I just added about 150 songs to my touch and none of the album art shows up on the 920bt unit. I checked the Touch to make sure the Art was there and it is...

What do i need to have the art show up?

and will this happen each time I add music to my touch?

Oh and I have the official Pioneer Cable I bought it direct from Pioneer and picked it up at the Pioneer Service/Sales building in Markham.

Cheers

Whit

• 2 months later...

Has anyone resolved the Album Artwork issue??? I add new music weekly to my ipod and its a pain in the ass when the art doesn't show up.

In the past we've found it happens a lot when you don't use itunes to manage your library, if I remember correctly Media Monkey cause this for a while.

Doesn't matter if you use iTunes or not. I use an iPod Touch (2nd Gen) with my X920BT, the Pioneer cable and iTunes and I have to do a restore and add all of my music back on everytime I add anything new or the album art will not show up :angry: ......not sure why it does it, but I am sure Pioneer will not fix it, so I just wait to update my iPod until its worthwhile to do the restore..... <_<