AVIC411.com

Just got a new x920BT! have a few questions

So i did some searching around, hard to find what i was looking for so i figured i would just ask a few questions the forums in here seem to be full of help.

1.) does anyone have/recommend msn direct? i know its supposed to run out in the future, and one know what if anything will replace it?

2.) google 411 is out of service, does anyone know if or when they might replace this?

3.) will the weather short cut on the double click home screen (one where you set up all your shortcuts) work without msn say via my blackberry storm 2? same with gas prices or movies times shortcuts?

4.) i have an old iphone with no sim using as ipod touch in glove box. if i sync my contacts to that, how will the avic act? will it show duplicates in my contacts. will it use those over over the bluetooth connection to my blackberry?

5.) i hit link album on an album i was listening to, it is a double disc, one disc for each of two different artists, is there a way to un link these albums. id rather they were alone again.

i tried searching google for some of these answers, and tried searching these forums, with no luck.

answers to all these would be great!

thanks!

1. At this point it would cost you around 120 dollars to use the service so I don't feel it is worth it but that is up to you. There is no word from Pioneer as to what if any will be the replacement for all currant units.

2. No word from Pioneer.

3. No.

4. You can only view the contacts from the currently paired phone, so the answer is no.

5. ???

5. ???

so i take it weather and gas and all that stuff was tied to msn.

about question 5. i have a double album. one cd is by one artist, the other is by a different. it has the same album name though. it was 2 acts at the same concert on the same day. now they used to show up separately via artist or album browsing which they still do . . BUT . . no matter how i start listening to it, they are now stuck together in one big list, so if i want to hear one and not the other too bad.

now how i managed that was clicking the little gears (settings) by the bottom left of the screen just to the right of the source list. and i hit link album to be curious what would happen. now i know, i do not like it, and would like to un do that. is there like a cache you can dump on that unit or something like that. i see im up for the firmware update for mine, must have shipped with the old one, should i do that and expect that to reset it, assuming when i do firmware all my customization and settings are going to disappear?

so i take it weather and gas and all that stuff was tied to msn.

about question 5. i have a double album. one cd is by one artist, the other is by a different. it has the same album name though. it was 2 acts at the same concert on the same day. now they used to show up separately via artist or album browsing which they still do . . BUT . . no matter how i start listening to it, they are now stuck together in one big list, so if i want to hear one and not the other too bad.

now how i managed that was clicking the little gears (settings) by the bottom left of the screen just to the right of the source list. and i hit link album to be curious what would happen. now i know, i do not like it, and would like to un do that. is there like a cache you can dump on that unit or something like that. i see im up for the firmware update for mine, must have shipped with the old one, should i do that and expect that to reset it, assuming when i do firmware all my customization and settings are going to disappear?

any idea on the linked album thing?

• 2 weeks later...