AVIC411.com

x920 BT ipod video dissappearing

so i am having an issue. i have an iphone 3g i pulled the sim out of and am just using and an ipod touch (apple support pages tells you how) and randomly when you are in ipod the video menu just comes up blank and stays there, i have to turn the av source to off and restart ipod to snap it back out of its freeze. i restored the iphone once and uploaded all the music again. this did fix it shortly then randomly for no reason its gone again.

i have also, rebooted iphone. plugged and unplugged iphone many times. re synced about 5 times.

i searched the forums but search doesnt seem to work well on the site.

i would LOVE some help on this.

• 2 weeks later...

I have found that the ipod playlist top playlist for video always works (the one named after the name of the ipod where everything is shown) but it just shows the titles in alpha order. so if you have video albums as i do with the chemical brothers, underworld, radiohead etc. the songs are all mixed and i cannot browse by artist/album or any other way. its like video shuffle.

well this should be an easy one to figure out, basicly hook some thing else(like a regular DVD player or an Xbox) up to the video input RCA for theavic but leave every thing else connected to the ipod, then start a video on the Ipod and start something on the substitute video source, if the video source keeps playing fine then the problem has nothing to do with the AVIC, its a problem with Ipod, either playing videos or outputting videos.

well this should be an easy one to figure out, basicly hook some thing else(like a regular DVD player or an Xbox) up to the video input RCA for theavic but leave every thing else connected to the ipod, then start a video on the Ipod and start something on the substitute video source, if the video source keeps playing fine then the problem has nothing to do with the AVIC, its a problem with Ipod, either playing videos or outputting videos.

well see its more an issue as in, why does it all show up in the master list. but none of the lists that are meant to sort or categorize. like if i have 3 video albums. 8 tracks each, and 5 misc videos . . right now i cant go to click it to see by album title or artist title. i just get a song/video title by alpha in the master list (one named for the ipod)

ok then, i would hop on the computer and look at how the files are tagged in itunes. at least for MP3's, the avic does not use file names to search through like it does for flash drives or the SD card, it goes by file tags. i would check to make sure that the entire tag info is filled out and see if that helps