AVIC411.com

PandoraLink for Pioneer not needed??

Hi all. I’ve had my X920BT for about 6 weeks or so now, so I’ll be posting some questions, comments and a few impressions here and there.

For now, I can say, so far, so good. I’ve run into a couple, relatively minor issues, but mostly, I really like this unit. I started a few months ago with a Kenwood unit and had a few issues that I couldn’t get over, so I returned it. This won’t be happening with this Pioneer.

So, first, an observation…

I read on here that the PandoraLink for Pioneer app is no longer required, and that the Pandora interface can be enable simply by starting the normal Pandora app on your iPhone. While this is true, I have noticed that doing this now introduces commercials into the mix. In my hour-long commute, I usually heard 2-3 commercials, but only when running off the Pandora app. I’ve since switched back to the PandoraLink for Pioneer app, and once again, I’m seemingly commercial-free!

What I do is run my cell (Droid) with Pandora running and connect to the 920 using bluetooth and it works great for me, I only listen to it mabe 10 mins on way to work and I have never heard any commericals on it yet.

Bill

Yeah, I can do that too. I wanted it through the iPhone, though, in order to get the nice Pandora display on this head unit's screen - a pretty nice feature, if you ask me. So, I keep my old iPhone connected with the cable, and tether it via wifi to my Android phone. Works great, and with the PandoraLink for Pioneer app, no commercials.

As far as you not getting commercials - I doubt you will in only 10 minutes. It's usually after about 4 or 5 songs. They're not too frequent, or too long (no more than 30 seconds), but they're there nonetheless.