AVIC411.com

AVH-P3200BT Static after phone call on iPod

Hey all,

My buddy who installed my radio recommended me to these forums to possibly get some assistance on my issue. It's only happened once, and I haven't been able to recreate it but I'm trying to find out if it's a common issue or if it's happened before for other people. When first getting the unit installed Friday night, I've made a few phone calls and haven't had any issues. After my phone call today had ended, there was a constant background static noise playing behind my iPod audio. The static would continue even if I paused the iPod. I was not able to notice the static when listening to either a CD nor the radio, but switching back to the iPod brought back the static.

I attempted to reconnect bluetooth devices to see if that would fix the issue, but it didn't. I also tried reconnecting the iPod, which also didn't help. I held the source button to turn the unit on and off and I still had static. After completing my trip, I performed a reset by holding the reset button with the ignition still off, resetting the unit to factory default settings. That did resolve the issue. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Also, I thought that I had been able to see recent calls, missed calls, etc from my iPhone on the unit itself, but nothing was showing up. Is there something that I need to do in order to sync that information? Or was I mistaken in seeing it in the first place?

Thanks!