AVIC411.com

New Avic-Z120BT Owner

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd join to hear newse and tips on the Avic-Z120BT. Just got mine the other day. Still waiting to install it because Crutchfield sent me the wrong GMOS to install it in my 07 Chevy 2500 DMax. Got the new GMOS today and all wired up but now gots to head to work. Hopefully I'll get to it this weekend and I'll throw up some pics when done!

Found your site during a search on how to do the PB bypass. Gonna definately do that as well. Any tips on getting the pin out of the connector? Or could you post a link to the topic that discusses it on here, I can't seem to find it doing a search.

Any help would be great! Thanks guys!

Although I figured it out after the fact, the best way to get the pin out is to go from the front of the plug (the end with the holes, no wires). Under the hole that the pin slides into (it looks like a little slash rather than a square hole) you want to push either a straightened staple or a sewing needle. This will push the metal tab that is part of the pin UP and allow you to pull it out. You would not want to apply pulling pressure until you push the staple or needle into the slot.

Hope this helps.

Welcome.

Congrats on buying a new and somewhat expensive Pioneer GPS system. You will lose all live traffic capability on 1 Jan 2012 when MSN Direct ends its service.

I didn't buy the $100 ND-MDT10 so that all the MSN Direct stuff works. I thought about it, but I figured after a year, Pioneer would come up with something new. All though they are selling the service for $25 till it's up. Now I'm debating wether or not it's worth it.