AVIC411.com

Noobie with a couple of questions

Yes, I'm a Noobie. I purchased a used truck (03 Excursion/7.3d/Eddie Bauer) that had the X910T already installed. I downloaded the user manual and have actually *used* it. Overall, I really like this system (as I expect most on this forum do) and it's amazing what all it can do.

My iPhone4 connected right up with the BT and it works great. I tried to upload the contacts and ran into the 1,000 number limit (as documented by VBLUE42), so I'll just use the phone.

I have three questions:

1) I have the message "System detected improper connection of Parking Brake". I assume this related to the bypass done during install (by BestBuy). Should I consider doing anything about this?

2) I've looked through all of the "Pandora" problems and did not find a solution for my problem. I have downloaded the "PandoraLink for Pioneer" as explain in at least one post. I start the link app, then the Pandora app, plug in with either the USB or the front jack (based on the manual, it appears it is an input app) and I get no sound. I have no stored music, as I find Pandora is fine for me. The USB option for AV Source is grayed out. Any suggestions?

3) I'm a Sirrus user, primarily because of the NFL coverage. I know I can have the module installed and use Sirrus directly, but just wanted some input from users who use it. Is it worth it?

TIA,

LarryB

1. Either the P brake wire is not properly connected or the bypass was attempted incorrectly. You will need to make sure one or the other is correct. The bypass instructions are well documented on this forum.

2. You must have missed that the Pandora support is only for the Z and X920BT series of units. You can however open the Pandora app on the phone once you have connected the phone to the unit with the Pioneer iPod cable.

3. The UI sucks for Sirrus but is much better for XM. If that doesn't matter to you, go for it.

2. You must have missed that the Pandora support is only for the Z and X920BT series of units. You can however open the Pandora app on the phone once you have connected the phone to the unit with the Pioneer iPod cable.

Thanks, VBLUE. Yes, I missed that it did not work for the X910BT. I will look for the Pioneer cable.

LarryB

i agree, it sounds like the mute wire wasn't moved to the right location or wasn't grounded, that is a tipical error message for when the bypass was not done correctly.

My sirius runs flawless.

i have no idea what your working sirius has any thing to do with my explanition of the warning screen from an impropperly bypassed AVIC, but cool story bro... i guess.

So I received my Pioneer cable from Amazon today.

When I look at the AV Source screen on the X910BT I only have FM/AM/XM highlighted. I went through several tries (plug in Pioneer cable to head/USB first, then phone; plug cable into phone then head/USB; plug in the phone before the truck is on; plug in the phone after the truck is on) and I never have any of the other options highlighted. When I plug the iPhone into the USB cable of the head it does receive power.

The manual seems to indicate that I should have more highlighted, at least when it something (iPhone) is plugged into the USB or ?

What am I doing wrong (I looked at all 60 topics on the forum with "pandora" on the forum)?

Thanks,

I went back to Amazon to see if the cable I received was the "CD-IU230V" cable.

Based on the Amazon photos and number the cable is a CD-IU50V cable.

I realize the forum says the x910bt needs the IU230 cable, so it looks like I'll return it and have it replaced with the iu230.

I'm only interested in the audio, not the video. But in any case, the IU230 has the video connections. Do these need to be connected to use the audio? I suppose these connections are on the back of the head? (I purchased the truck used and the x910bt was already installed by Best Buy.)

Thanks again

first off you need to go into the settings and turn AV1 to IPOD, then it will allow you to select it as a source.

second, no you dont need the video plug pluggeg in to listen to audio, however it is part of the cable so it would be foolish to just not plug it in.

first off you need to go into the settings and turn AV1 to IPOD, then it will allow you to select it as a source.

second, no you dont need the video plug pluggeg in to listen to audio, however it is part of the cable so it would be foolish to just not plug it in.

Thanks, 1loud1s. I really appreciate the help, as I haven't had such a high-tech, fancy HU!

I will try to find the AV1 setting today and see if I can at least get that far! I hope to get the new cable this week or by next week, depending on Amazon's shipping.

To plug in the video connections I'm guessing I need to pull the HU out. Is there a special tool for that or???

Thanks again.

To plug in the video connections I'm guessing I need to pull the HU out.

yes all of the audio and video plugs are located at the back of the radio

Is there a special tool for that or???

i believe with that year of super duty/excursion, you need to pull off the entire dash trim that is around the radio and guages, as they dont reall make a double din dash kit for that specific truck, there is a dash kit that can be used however with very little modification. but the radio should be attached to this dash panel that you will be pulling out.

yes all of the audio and video plugs are located at the back of the radio

i believe with that year of super duty/excursion, you need to pull off the entire dash trim that is around the radio and guages, as they dont reall make a double din dash kit for that specific truck, there is a dash kit that can be used however with very little modification. but the radio should be attached to this dash panel that you will be pulling out.

Excellent information and help! (Sometimes one can feel really ignorant!)