AVIC411.com

Factory Steering controls

We have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE w/Bose, Has anyone found a way to use the factory steering wheel controls???

Second, anyone having the problem in radio mode that the music is a different sound level then the commercials? My wife is contantly having to adjust the volume...any suggestions or ideas on a fix???

Matt

Just verifed that PAC SWI-PS will work on Crutchfield's site by changing vehicle to 01 Pathfinder w/BOSE

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-aCjR5yMM9u ... i=127SWIPS

Check out the feedback section of the product. Someone already installed one on an 01 Pathfinder

Written by Ed, Encino, CA on August 21, 2006

I got this unit so that I could keep using the built-in steering wheel radio controls on my '01 Nissan Pathfinder. Installation can be a bit tricky. In my case I had to solder included resistors since each button on the control was wired separately but the adapter uses only one wire as input (white for my car). Important not to use resistors over 2k ohm for this vehicle!!! Manual didn't mention this and the first time I had some buttons not respond to programming until I replaced the resistors (all included). Other than that works exactly as expected. Very nice to be able to use the same controls!

I have the SWI-PS and it works great! Good luck!