AVIC411.com

Use input signal as trigger?

Is it possible to adjust the coding in a way that an input signal could be used as a trigger for action? For example the brake line that triggers the ability to play video.

Why would I want such a trigger? One might ask. I drive a Saab and they are fitted with a function called 'night panel', that dims everything on the dash except for the speedometer. This is very relaxing for the eyes during the night when there are no streetlights. Unfortunately the Avic unit is still quite bright. It would be great if I could turn the screen off (like the menu setting) when a certain input signal is given.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get here!

Is it possible to adjust the coding in a way that an input signal could be used as a trigger for action? For example the brake line that triggers the ability to play video.

Why would I want such a trigger? One might ask. I drive a Saab and they are fitted with a function called 'night panel', that dims everything on the dash except for the speedometer. This is very relaxing for the eyes during the night when there are no streetlights. Unfortunately the Avic unit is still quite bright. It would be great if I could turn the screen off (like the menu setting) when a certain input signal is given.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get here!

You are going to have a hard road if you want to custom code anything like that. However I might suggest using the reverse input line. This line is mainly used to trigger the reverse camera input on. You could hook this line up to what ever electrical trigger you are looking to use, enable the auto backup camera input selection feature, and not hook up a backup camera. The screen should be mostly dark then. That or more simply you could just choose the camera input manually and get the same effect.