AVIC411.com

350z reception problem after following numerous diagrams

Okay I have read threads from my350z, 350z-tech and here about the antenna amplifier that my car has and how you have to plug it into the other blue wire. I have also read about a green/white wire you use and another person said something about plugging the blue wire into the red 12v wire. So by now my brain is fried and I am at a loss. I have tried every combination of wires and no matter what I only get half the stations here in Tampa which makes no sense because they are all within a 20 mile radius and it is driving me insane. So I have take a picture of the 4 wires that I think I am supposed to be working with. All the threads I have found so far about a Avic D3 unit and a 350z all the pics no longer show up because they are 3 year old threads. Anyways if someone could be so kind and let me know of the 4 wires in my pics which ones I plug in to get radio. Thank you so much

PS the unit was already installed when I bought the car, the only thing i have done is do the bypass which worked perfect. Also the person had the thick blue wire together with the green/white since then I have unplugged it.

antenna wires pic from 350z w/bose

• 1 month later...

Hi, there will be a wire (yellow/red I think) that is next to your antenna wire...this needs a proper 12v supple from the car. Put it on the ACC circuit. It doesn't go near the AVIC. AVIC can't supply enough power...

This explains the shitty AM (Traffic Only :P) reception that I have had for the past two years :)

Thank you very much and sorry to hijack