AVIC411.com

I know this is going to brand me as an instant noob, but I have done all the research I can through this site and cannot find the answer. I am completely new to these units, although I am quite savvy on the tech side. I have looked through all the directories on the unit and in the mod downloads and cannot find what is being referred to constantly throughout the forums as DATA.ZIP. There are no zip files in the software on the unit. There is a DATA directory under My Flash Disk, but the directories that supposedly should be there if it was the infamous "DATA.ZIP" are not there. Any hints on this? Thanks in advance for putting up with someone new to the units.

if your looking on the unit it wont display as data.zip as the unit cant display file extensions.

on my unit (f710bt) the file you are after is in

myflashdisk/APL2/igo

there is a file (not folder) in there called data that is the one your looking for

hope this helps as i am also a noob and found help can be a little hard to find at times