AVIC411.com

Z130BT new functionality let down

i've been waiting for the 2011 updates to the avic z120bt. i was planning on installing this unit for the last 5 months, and just wanted to see what CES brought around before i went for it.

so here is the new z130bt.

wonderful.

aha radio app? come on.

what i really need while i am driving is a continuous loop of tweets and facebook updates. really?

what WOULD be useful is ability to access driving or auto-specific apps from my phone through the avic. say, perhaps, the rev app from devtoaster? www.devtoaster.com

or even trapster??? www.trapster.com

want to make it invaluable? add in a plug and play functionality for a hardwired valentine 1. that can't be too difficult.

i'm not sure why pioneer is using highschool girl focus groups to inform their product development, rather than actual drivers. maybe they should take a page from bob lutz' book. http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/25/how-bob-lutz-made-four-auto-journalists-his-secret-weapons-at/#continued

please, if anyone knows that pioneer is looking to make any driver's apps available for the avic, or a universal interface that allows all mobile apps to be accessed through the deck, let us know!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

i've been waiting for the 2011 updates to the avic z120bt. i was planning on installing this unit for the last 5 months, and just wanted to see what CES brought around before i went for it.

so here is the new z130bt.

wonderful.

aha radio app? come on.

what i really need while i am driving is a continuous loop of tweets and facebook updates. really?

what WOULD be useful is ability to access driving or auto-specific apps from my phone through the avic. say, perhaps, the rev app from devtoaster? www.devtoaster.com

or even trapster??? www.trapster.com

want to make it invaluable? add in a plug and play functionality for a hardwired valentine 1. that can't be too difficult.

i'm not sure why pioneer is using highschool girl focus groups to inform their product development, rather than actual drivers. maybe they should take a page from bob lutz' book. http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/25/how-bob-lutz-made-four-auto-journalists-his-secret-weapons-at/#continued

please, if anyone knows that pioneer is looking to make any driver's apps available for the avic, or a universal interface that allows all mobile apps to be accessed through the deck, let us know!!!!

I would agree with the general concept. I have a tom-tom with goggle services. I can search Google for almost anything and select it as a destination. Applying this through the phone would be outstanding. No more "POI not found". The traffic interface is also free on my tom-tom and it display traffic delays etc, which it sounds like the 130 will provide. Kenwood partnered with Garmin for their GPS. That is a smart move. Kenwood is NOT a gps company. As Garmin adds features and updates these can apply to the Kenwood unit as well. Pioneer should focus on adding the connectivity that smart phones bring to the table and leave the GPS to someone else. The Pandora app is great simple and works well. The ability to watch Netflix is also great. Focus on improving these areas and offer capabilities that no one else on the market has.