AVIC411.com

X920-BT bypass w/ power cord connector

All,

I have been reading forums and watching videos for the parking brake mod and noticed most of them talk about moving the mute (yellow) wire on the RCA connector. However, I do not have any amps that use the RCA cables so I am only using the "power cord" connector and not the RCA one. So far this is what I have done with my X920BT. I used a wiring harness to connect all the "power cord" signals from the head unit to their respective signals in the car (2006 VW Rabbit). However, for the parking brake signal, i am using a standard car relay powered by the blue/white wire from the "power cord" connector. I verified the the relay works. When the key is turned to acc, the head unit powers up then sends 12V signal to the relay which then grounds the green parking brake wire. I saw on another website that you cannot simply ground the parking brake wire that it has to be grounded after the head unit powers up, which am I pretty sure the relay accomplishes. Everything works fine when the car is stationary and the parking brake disengaged. I have all the features and I don't get the parking brake is wired incorrectly warning UNTIL i start moving and reach about 10mph or so then the warning appears and some of the features are disabled. From what I have read that should have been all I needed to do for the mod to work. Obviously I am missing something. Does anyone know or has anyone had success performing the mod without using the RCA connector? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.