AVIC411.com

Avic 920 + Android+ Mazda CX-7 - HELP

So I have a Mazda CX-7 - 2007 model - I installed the X920BT- with XM raido, Ipod adapter, etc.. everything seemed to work great... I started off using a Blackberry 9700 and it was nice -bluetooth worked, it seemed like my upgrade from the old 90BT was finally a reality of happyness... then I decided to get an Android phone - so I got the Tmobile Samsung Galexy...then I noticed the VR for bluetooth dialing didn't function anymore - the voice kept telling me it didn't understand me - although all other voice activation features worked - Then I started hearing this lound squelch or whatever - sounds like you put a mic to close to another mic or speaker and you get this terrible feedback... it would happen sometimes even if the radio was turned down with no volume - So I said hell with that phone and puchased a HTC mytouch 4G - well guess what - same problems...

So now my question is - 1. has anybody experianced this? 2. If so, is there a fix for this (besides a new phone) 3. just give me some feedback here- I am at a loss as to what I should do... I'm planning on doing a full hard reset and I've asked Pioneer to send me the latest firmware on SD card so I can try and reload it...

Thoughts??? Help??? anybody???

So I have a Mazda CX-7 - 2007 model - I installed the X920BT- with XM raido, Ipod adapter, etc.. everything seemed to work great... I started off using a Blackberry 9700 and it was nice -bluetooth worked, it seemed like my upgrade from the old 90BT was finally a reality of happyness... then I decided to get an Android phone - so I got the Tmobile Samsung Galexy...then I noticed the VR for bluetooth dialing didn't function anymore - the voice kept telling me it didn't understand me - although all other voice activation features worked - Then I started hearing this lound squelch or whatever - sounds like you put a mic to close to another mic or speaker and you get this terrible feedback... it would happen sometimes even if the radio was turned down with no volume - So I said hell with that phone and puchased a HTC mytouch 4G - well guess what - same problems...

So now my question is - 1. has anybody experianced this? 2. If so, is there a fix for this (besides a new phone) 3. just give me some feedback here- I am at a loss as to what I should do... I'm planning on doing a full hard reset and I've asked Pioneer to send me the latest firmware on SD card so I can try and reload it...

Thoughts??? Help??? anybody???

Wow, so nobody has anything to say about this? Is it a unique problem? I guess I'll rewire the car this weekend, reset it to factory default - reinstall the firmware, etc...

well if anybody has any suggestions - it would be much appreciated...

Weird you didnt have that problem with the Blackberry. I have the Samsung Galaxy S with my X920BT. Connects fine, no interference. VR sometimes take a while to get going but it rarely understands what Im saying. Its faster to use the phone for finding places haha. Sounds like a wiring problem.

yep Blackberry works fine - had a friend of mine try the iphone and it works - so there is something in Android - that screws with the VR system in Pioneer- So with blackberry and Iphone- if I press the VR button, I can say "Call home" and it works - no problem... when I disconnect those phones and use the Android (Samsung and mytouch4g 9HTC)) If I try and press the VR button - it says "Sorry, I didn't understnd you, please say..." and then I'll say it again and it then just either says sorry or it misunderstands you and changes to some other station... HOWEVER - If I say "change source to XM" or "Change source to IPOD, or "Play artist..." it works without a problem...

and when the Android phone is in the car - I get MIC feedback - I've tried to track down where it comes from or why... only think I can imagine is the android is more voice available than the iphone or blackberry - so maybe it has an open mic all the time??

Thanks for the reply

well some phone place special charaters in the phone name date,like . or - and this can confuse the AVIC, with older AVIC's, you could extract the phonebook data and edit it to remedy this problem but i dont think that this will work for the newer models.