AVIC411.com

Ipod Avic cable vs AV cable

I just came back with my friends watching UFC at hooters in my car using Avic 120BT. I don't have a iphone so cannot test out Netflix but my friends did. One of my friend said it cannot be done. I was like, yes it can. I watched the freakin youtube video of someone did it. He still didn't believe. So I tested out, follow the instruction of Jason, and it worked! Then he said, why would you buy a $50 ipod avic cable to play video on the iphone when you can just get a AV cable to output video from the iphone > avic and its much cheaper with the same quality. So that got me thinking... what is the difference of using a standard AV cable to output video from iphone > avic? Does that even work? How does the quality compare between the two? Is it possible to play a game on iphone and output video > avic?

I use that very cable with my setup and my i4. I also use the Pioneer cable for my iPod. The pioneer cable has a proprietary connection that has to be used if you want to have full control iPod so that is why it is required. No other iPod cable can be used if you want to have full control of the ipod. The quality for video is no different. And yes, if you have a jailbroken iPhone you can output the phones screen to the unit for other video apps including games.