AVIC411.com

u310bt for x920bt switch

I have a 2011 Subaru wrx sti that comes with a u310bt installed from the factory. I got an x920bt. All the stock connectors seem to fit from the 310 to the 920 and everything seems to work (speakers, navi, ipod, steering wheel controls). However the menu is locked out on the 920bt. I suspect the signal from the e-brake is not getting to the 920.

Does anyone know what to do. I do not care to bypass the e-brake. I read somewhere that the e-brake pin (green wire) position is different from the 310bt power cord harness to the 920bt harness and all it takes is to move it. Anybody have specifics about this?

Mark

OK. I got it!

For anyone who has a Canadian 2011 STI with the Pioneer u310BT and want to swap it out with the AVIC x920BT

1) all the connections are plug and play except for the e-brake wire (light green)

2) looking at the power cord harness you will see the light green wire (e-brake wire) with an open slot just above it. Just move the green wire to the adjacent vacant slot and its done. (See the image that shows the light green wire next to an orange wire. Just move it up next to the blue one)

Knowing this, swapping out a u310bt for an x920BT (which I like a lot) should take 10 minutes. Seems like this works for other Pioneer units like the Avic-z120bt

post-49629-0-38465600-1297571139_thumb.jpg

thanks to KillaB

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/forums/technical-car-audio-security/143460-new-nav-2011-sti.html

Mark