AVIC411.com

The white dot trail on the maps? Whats the purpose?

• 2 months later...

I am not 100% sure of the name, but a friend of mine was telling me that it is actually an industry term for navigation systems called "breadcrumbs". Its a feature that shows you where you have been in case you need to back track for whatever reason. Yes, much like Hanzel and Gretel story.

I am not 100% sure of the name, but a friend of mine was telling me that it is actually an industry term for navigation systems called "breadcrumbs". Its a feature that shows you where you have been in case you need to back track for whatever reason. Yes, much like Hanzel and Gretel story.

But the white dots on the map really aren't that helpful unless you zoom in all the way and try to follow them down EVERY street. If it actually kept a list of what roads you were on I could see that being useful.

And pac man, ahahaha. That would be awesome.

Breadcrumbs ae particularly useful when offroading. easy to find you way back to main trails and roads. Not many people here go offroading, from the looks of the pictures of all the nice sports cars and sedans owned on this forum ;)

Me myself, i love my AWD truck :)

Been doin' a bit of travelling, seeing this great country of ours, and eating in the most backwoods diners I can find. Found a place with the best BBQ I have ever had in SC, called Adam's Ribs, in Beaufort, AMAZING pulled pork.....OMFG!!!! Did you know the whole state of Georgia smells like peaches? It's like the whole state is one of those kiosks at the mall with those peach scented air fresheners.