AVIC411.com

Question about update (I'm a noob)

Hello all... my question is that I have my 110bt bypassed. I saw an update was available (haven't done it yet) and was wondering if this would interfere with my update? Also while I was scrolling through the site, I noticed threads like saying upgrade 110bt to 120bt or something? Is that software update or actually hardware update to newer model? Sorry I know these are noob questions but I'd really appreciate the help. I don't want to lose the bypass mainly because so I can use the GPS for me and my kids can watch their shows. Thank you in advance.

I have a by pass and did the update, no problem! By pass still works fine...

The hardware on both the 110 and 120 are the same, the update is a firmware update that basically turns the 110 into the 120. I was leery at first, but it is well worth doing!!

vfjdesign, thank you so much for the reply and help. After reading it a few more extra times I finally understood the second part of the update instructions listed on here. I was having issues with it not being seeded. Then I finally figured it out. I also had issues with my SD card, I bought a 16 GB one and it didn't work. So I went back out and got a 8 GB and it worked on that. I love the new interface so awesome. I was also worried mainly about the bypass. Thank you for helping me with that and because of that I continued the process to update it to the 120bt now. Now I'm wondering about 130BT lol....

vfjdesign, thank you so much for the reply and help. After reading it a few more extra times I finally understood the second part of the update instructions listed on here. I was having issues with it not being seeded. Then I finally figured it out. I also had issues with my SD card, I bought a 16 GB one and it didn't work. So I went back out and got a 8 GB and it worked on that. I love the new interface so awesome. I was also worried mainly about the bypass. Thank you for helping me with that and because of that I continued the process to update it to the 120bt now. Now I'm wondering about 130BT lol....

I was nervous about upgrading also, I read a post some time back and it said to do it, boy am I glad I did! I am wondering about 130 also? I guess we will have to wait and see...